The webquest group evaluation was OK doing it as an individual but not always run smoothly within a group. We are all guilty at some point of procrastination but when you do it in a group project that needs input from each other is horrible. I learned that I can evaluate different pieces of work looking at a different perspective meaning from the role I selected. It gave me the opportunity to think outside the box. What I learned about others is that everyone has a story or issue and we as individuals must overcome those issues so we do not let the group down. What if I had an issue and did not do my part of writing up the evaluation for the group? You think group mates would be upset? Sure they would have been. So what did I do I pushed through to get it complete and in the mean time was suffering with my other assignments getting them complete. I am already having a tough time understanding how to complete these projects. It takes me hours to complete an assignment that is if I can get it but lately I have not been able to get it. I am very much frustrated but I have to pass this class because it was a sacrifice to spend the money to take these courses. I just cannot waste money that could have been used to buy food, gas or things for my children. I do not know what I could have done differently maybe push my group mates more but I did try and meet with one. I guess life was getting the best of them. I think the worst problem was getting all the information back from everyone completed. We wasted time trying to get all the information by not reading and following the directions carefully. Also, trying to get feedback from everyone it seemed like the whole group did not read each other’s evaluations to give better input without the instructor calling us out. Even then we still did not get everything we needed but we pushed on through anyway.
Karen N
What are some positives about the group experience? What did you accomplish as a group that would have been impossible or more difficult as an individual?
ReplyDeleteI, for one, am thankful you pushed the group. Honestly for me, I get the work done, I get caught up with everything going on around me, and I forget to check back in to the discussion board. Oh, and I'm in Germany, or I would have gladly met up with you, because I loathe online group assignments. It gets a bit difficult for me because I am 6 hours ahead. So when I post, it usually isn't responded to until later that day. By that time, I am in bed, so I don't usually see it until the next day. It really is a pain in the butt. You were a great motivator though.
ReplyDelete